Sidsel Hoivik Kits

• These colours are gorgeous!  I was so excited to realize that you are doing a Sidsel kit right now too.  I have started my Sun in Setesdal and am just loving it.  Although, being new to fair isle, I have to admit it's slow going.  I am super appreciative of all the tips and encouagement you are providing, so I am excited to stay tuned.  Below is a photo of what I have managed to accomplish on mine.  Please bare in mind I am relatively new to knitting and very new to fair isle, so it's not perfect, but I'm happy with it so far and am definately banking a litte on blocking to smooth things about a bit.  I adore your podcast.  Keep up the great work.

• @Betsy Campbell I think you are doing an amazing job! My day in Setesdal will have to wait a bit. Still have the Paisley Jacket to do first!

• @Kim Doherty-Smith  Thank you so much.  I am just buzzing along now.  I have made it past the first large chart and it's just so much fun.  Although I had to unwillingly stop today.  My fingers were going stiff.  LOL  Feeling the push to get as much knitting in as possible before life returns to "normal" with the return of school.  

• @Kim Doherty-Smith Never twist your floats. In fact the less you catch your floats the better your knitting will look. Alice Starmore who is a Scottish Highland knitter/designer doesn't even catch a float of seven sts.  I refrained from catching floats in a cardigan I knitted from her book and realised my knitter was much better. 

I have just finished my Sidsel Høivik Morning Mist. I never caught any floats and it's looking great.  I still have to finish the button bands and then the exciting bit of sewing all the sequins on.  

@Kim Doherty-Smith 

• Morning Mist

• @Brenda Solanki I'm primarily a thrower but found 2 handed color work easier since if I can tangle yarn, I will. So I'm sure if I put one down and picked up another, I would be a snarly mess in no time.

• I am thinking of knitting the Tundra Jacket. I prefer the fitting of the sleeves but still has plenty of color work.

Can't wait to hear your final choice of color work management.

• @Hazel Donner Wow! Looks great!

• @Jennifer Doherty I am also going to knit Grey Day in Setesdal. I have received my kit in the original colours but have it stashed until I finish what I am working on.  Thanks, Kim, for researching the tension issues for us! 

• @Susan Clouston No problem! I learned a lot!

• Managed to leave the urban buzz and get out to the country this evening.  Ontario corn field at the end of August.  Making progress on my sweater.  I can't wait to wear it.  Hope I can get it done before too long.   

• @Betsy Campbell Lovely! 

• 2 / 2