The Sunday Cardigan

• @Carey Bermingham I haven't done the buttonholes yet on mine. I will try one or two for practise and then do a video. 

• @Jean Beicher If you sre holding 2 strands of the the KSH, you need double the length of the main yarn. Quite a few knitters are also doing it with just one strand of Kidsilk Haze. The result is just a bit toned down on the fluff scale. LOL

• I'm making the Sunday Cardigan but I'm using the mohair edition pattern because I'm using some flock fingering in twilight colorway. My swatch was close to the gauge for the mohair edition but wasn't close to the regular Sunday cardigan. This has bell sleeves and I think I'll give them a try. The pattern calls for 3 strands of mohair, but, I'm using 2 plus the flock fingering. I have mohair in Turkish Plum and Purplicious. I tried to do a fade, but it's kind of hard to see in the picture. 

• @Michelle Lindgren Oh, I didn't even know there was a mohair addition. I will need to check it out. A friend made the child's size for her granddaughter. It's super cute too. I guess there a few versions... Great colour choice!

• @Judith Junop Thank you! The yarn is spectacular to knit with and the colour glows. I found it to be a pretty quick knit and I will likely knit the cardigan as well at some point. I am still trying to land on a colour choice for the Sunday cardigan. I had almost decided, but having seen what @Kim Doherty-Smith chose, I am conflicted.

• starting a Sunday cardigan .  I'm having a hard time deciding on a color to go with my Spruce Selkirk.  I 've tried a blue green that nearly matches, a light blue, a golden color, even a brick red.  still looking, but more concerned that Im not getting gauge.  It's only my 2nd sweater so Im not really confident changing numbers around.  

• @paula englander Janet, who works with us in the mill, just swatched Spruce with Hurricane-632 Kidsilk Haze.  It's really nice. Has sort of the same effect as Turkish Plum with the A Night without Stars - adds richness without changing the hue. It's the more conservative approach but lovely. What gauge are you getting?

• @Jennifer Doherty  I am thinking about knitting this sweater.   I haven't bought the pattern yet.   Is the KidSilk Haze held with the aran yarn?   I understand now why I've heard KSH called KidSilk Crack!   I love this yarn!

• @Sheila Sakraida Ha! Yes it is kind of addictive. We have been knitting the pattern with Garfield Grizzly or Selkirk Worsted. The pattern calls for 2 strands of the mohair with 1 strand of the wool yarn. But to be honest, if you check your gauage and adjust accordingly, I think you have a wide variety in the weights you could use. Our friend has knit a couple of them with 1 strand Selkirk and 1 strand Kidsilk and they are lovely as well.

• I saw so many posts about sizing for this cardigan that I was really worried about knitting  with two strands of mohair. If the size didn't turnout right, frogging mohair is a nightmare. So I bought some bulky yarn from knit picks to do a trial run. Sure enough, even though I did a gauge swatch and knit the sweater according to the calculated size, it was too small. So I fogged it and went up a size. THis time its perfect.  So I'm ready to start my project in the Garfield grizzly and kidsilk haze. 

Bonus!! I will have two sure day cardigans!  I suspect in all honesty that they will both take up residence in my daughter's closet   she's in love with this first one

• I have 6 different skeins of Mountain Color yarn.   I bought this yarn before I knew anything about the yardage needed for a sweater.   I will take a look at my stash , hmmmm, of kidsilk Haze.   I inherited about 10 skeins from a friend who HATED knitting with it.   I'll just keep this sweater in my mind's queue brewing away. 

• @Jean Beicher They are a bit addictive! The sizing is tricky. We were still discussing it just yesterday in the mill. We conculded that because the yarn (yarn combo) is bulkier, adding or removing even one or two stitches in the gauge makes a big difference... Oh well... an excuse to make more than one for sure!

• @Stephanie Weisner beautiful!!!!!!

• @Shari Elliott sooo beautiful!!

• @DOLL CREELMAN jump right in! We will coach you! ♥️

• @Michelle Lindgren so beautiful!!!!

• @Sheila Sakraida worsted seems to be the yarn of choice! 

• @Sheila Sakraida oh wow that's a great gift! You could even use different colours! I'm curious what's in this KSH stash of yours colour wise!!

• I pulled out my Mountain colors yarns.   I need to look at my stash of KSH.   I can alternate and combine the different colors of the Mountain Colors if I use a consistent KSH.   I LOVE combining KSH with other yarns.   I'm brewing on this one too.  

• @Kim Doherty-Smith  sorry I didn't check back here.  I got gauge with a size 10 needle, but only using 1 strand of the mohair.  I too didn't read the pattern well.  But I don't think adding the second strand will distort gauge very much.  (Am I wrong?)tincan knits) 

This has been on hold while I was waiting for a needle, and a couple other colors to try for swatching.  I 'm almost done with a Gramps (Tincan knits ) newborn size baby sweater for one of my daughter's friends.  But I'm heading on a trip tomorrow so I'm bringing all my supplies and hoping to get a good start on this.